Friday, March 11, 2011

Rain or Shine

Good morning, friends.
Friday it is. Happy Friday!
While sad in many ways, our week is coming to a close with a lot of goodness, thanks be to God! We are well--the sun is shining, buds are poking out of the ground, the baby is smiling (mostly), and the house is clean. Can I get another Amen?! Thank you, Lord.

Our week has been truly cleansing. Dealing with Lewis' death has given way to lots of prayer, which is always a wonderful outcome. We have proceeded into Lent. Ash Wednesday, while usually pretty grim for me, was actually a fantastic day of discipline, order, and goodness within our family. The younger three and I attended a prayer service, all of us began our Jesus tree, and we started a kindness jar (thanks for the inspiration, Queen B!) The older boys also attended a later Mass with GG. I got the time wrong and ended up being a half hour early, which translated into a half hour of playtime for all the kids on the church playground = awesomeness. It was fantastic! To top it off, I had a burst of energy around 9:30pm and ran 5 miles around our neighborhood in the rain. Don't ask me what came over me, but I just had to do it. Custer and I found a half mile loop and did it 10 times (or at least I did. The pooch petered after lap 4! :) Rainy runs are zen for me.

The day really couldn't have gone better. God reached down to soothe my soul a bit. Thank you, dear Lord!

As the week is coming to a close, we are slowly triumphing over a respiratory bug that has had us all in its grasp for the past two weeks. M now has it and we just learned Papa has fallen victim (on the eve of his birthday--sorry Papa!) The rest of us are emerging, though, so we can now better care for the sick.

The weather reports are claiming 60 degrees and sunshine for the next two days. I am praying the weekend provides continued rejuvenation.

I'll pray for a little of sunshine in your world too.
God bless,

3 comments:

FL M said...

Hope your weekend is filled with sunshine!

Shannon said...

so sorry about your friend, B.

Can I just say that the picture of your oldest and youngest is ADORABLE!

Carolina Girl said...

I hope you had a great weekend!
Loving MG's smile in this picture!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers