Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Spent, but in a good way

I'm sorry I haven't been on here as often as I would like, recording all of life in Gasperini-Ville. We've been so busy living that life, I've had fewer chances of late to record it. That is a very good thing, I will say.

We've been busting at the seams with things to do, places to go, and people to see, it sometimes feels like a whirlwind. But definitely one that I'm loving. We've gone hungry for a bit since moving here, but it feels like now we are finally reaching "full" status. It is very good, especially for an extreme extrovert like me. I need this kind of thing to feel alive, to feel purpose.

The boys are enjoying preschool immensely. M just came home today singing of the 12 months of the year. T hums Bible songs often while working on his various crafts. They both seem to enjoy being there. J and I, meanwhile, have been frequenting the gym in the earlier morning. He spends time in the nursery and seems to love the sitters, while I frolic off to a class or to the treadmill. This is beyond a blessing for me. Time alone. Time sweating. Time to meet other women with similar fitness goals. I joined the adrenaline fitness team and now have a former runner training me (and 10 others) and inflicting sore muscles and aches that I love. Call me weird. I have also decided to run a half-marathon here in town the second week of November. It will be good to get the race under my belt before winter sets in.

GG and I are taking an Alpha class through church on Thursday nights. We are also finishing up our talks for Engaged Encounter and will present during our first EE weekend in early November. M and I are journeying through our church's catechesis program--I am a helper for his pre-k class on Wednesday afternoons. My involvement in MOPS is also in full swing helping with hospitality. It is a blessed group of women and one growing in cohesion and faith. I just love it. We are all making more friends and finding goodness around many corners. Thank you, Lord. You knew just what we needed!

If only all this busyness meant good things for my laundry pile. A woman can dream, right?! Someday I'll get to the bottom of the basket. Someday... :)

So that's that from our little corner of the world. I am sitting here snuggled in a sweater for the first time this season. Tomorrow promises hayrides and pumpkin picking for the boys and me. Fall is in force, for sure.

I hope this finds you warm and cozy in your homes tonight. Many blessings to you from Gasperini-Ville.

2 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling "full" in your new place. It does take a while and takes a lot of effort. You have to just keep putting yourself out there. Nice to see you reaping the fruits of your labor.

I've recently been back at the gym too and am LOVING it! I just love step class. There's just something about the physical and mental (knowing what step is next in the sequence) challenge that I love.

We're cozy here in Texas, but only b/c it's still hot outside. The heat index was 100 today and tomorrow brings more of the same.
Fall, where are you?

Jessica Anderson said...

praise God for these answered prayers. oh and it's a high of 44 in nyc today. and rainy. Awesome! but the mums on our terrace are keeping me in the fall spirit. miss you!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers