Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Keeping Busy, Sort of

This week has felt a whole lot busier than what we've really been up to...

This poor guy has had an unfortunate reaction to the flu vaccines he received Monday. While T has been as healthy as a horse, M has succumbed to high fever for the past 2 days. :( Poor thing. At one point he said to me, "Mommy, I'm sorry I got sick" and "Thank you for taking good care of me when I don't feel well." Melt me! What a little sweetie... He is really beginning to think more selflessly and it is totally endearing. I think he turned a pivotal corner today, so hopefully we'll all be back in the land of the living soon. Get well, my love!

To help stave off all the ills, I've been trying to come up with some clever culinary distractions. This was a tasty breakfast puffed oven pancake we feasted on the other day, the tip coming from Blair over at Blair's Blessings. Thanks for the assist!! The boys loved it. This morning, after dashing out for new meds at Wal.greens, I returned with Kris.py Kreme donuts to start the morning off right. Who said I don't need these luxuries just as much as the kids?

You would think that all this cooped-up-in-the-house-ness would have been a good thing for my cleanliness. Well, I beg to differ. Check out the laundry pile, which has doubled in size since this picture was taken. I'm thinking I'm putting it off so I can feel a HUGE mother-rush when I officially tackle it... Nice excuse.
When will this happen? I make no promises.

I hope you and yours are staying healthy and happy during this last October week. November is around the corner and that means one *awesome* thing in Gasperini-Ville: Gramz and Pappy are coming to visit. "I'm bringing Halloween candy for the kids," my mom reported on the phone the other day. Like we need more reasons to anticipate their visit!! :) I'm definitely not telling the kids.

Blessings,

**Update 10/29: The LAUNDRY PILE is history! That is, until the dryer stops and we start this process all over again! :) It does feel good to be caught up!

5 comments:

Jess said...

Oh, B-mama, I know how poor little M feels. I too had a strong reaction to the flu vaccine this year (never before) but I'm on the mend too. I hope M feels better soon.

Big hugs to you all!

The Fighter Family... said...

I hope M feels better soon! And don't feel guilty about that laundry...it's easy to get to that point with 5...I've learned that over the past month:-) Have a great time with your parents!!!

Carolina Girl said...

Poor M! Hoping he's continuing to feel better. So sweet too about his comments to you. Don't you just want to hold them forever when they say stuff like that?

OH M said...

Can't wait to help spoil M and his bros...and help dig into that big pile of laundry!!!

Blair said...

Glad you liked the puff pancake! I'm so sorry your boys are sick; prayers for a speedy recovery!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers