Friday, June 26, 2009

On Michael

His P-Y-T and Billie Jean are personal favorites of mine, but you could pretty much put on anything from his repertoire and I'm a happy camper. I can recall many-an-afternoon spent dancing on our living room "stage" to The King of Pop. His "Beat It" album was a white tape with black writing playing on our stereo through much of my childhood.

I am so saddened to hear of his passing. He was definitely a strange bird, but undoubtedly the product of early stardom, pressure, and a family without direction. More than anything, I feel a tremendous sadness for his soul.

I had dreams of seeing him in concert. I would probably have been one of those crazy fans who passed out in his presence. Seriously.

HiStory plays in the background today in Gasperini-Ville... ;) Hope you have a blessed Friday!

5 comments:

The Hamiltons said...

I saw Thriller when I was in 1st grade I believe, and I was an instant fan. Is it possible that he was 50? Sad indeed, but what an impact he had on so many childhoods.

By the way, loving your new family pics. Those boys are just too cute - such personalities they each have! I've never met them, but I just want to hug the middle one :)

Hilary said...

I know I was sad too last night! RIP MJ! :) Have a great weekend

orahoods said...

I totally can picture you dancing on your living room "stage!" That's great! We wore our Thriller tape out...played it so much, the tape snapped!

Teacher-Mom said...

I'm with you- so sad! I can remember dancing around the living room to his music! I hope eventually we all can focus on remembering him for his talent in music and dancing, rather than for his "unique" life.

Carolina Girl said...

I loved MJ too back in the day. You could ALWAYS dance to a Michael Jackson song. I too have the History CD set. Just some great music.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers