Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day Gift

It is so hard these days to come up with gifts for our GG, especially when we want to show the extent of how much we love and appreciate everything he does for us. What do you give to a daddy who deserves the very best??

I think we hit it just right this year... PHOTOS!! And lots of them! Mimi and I took the kids two weeks ago with the intention of surprising GG and the grandfathers with pics. Later that day GG came home from work early and saw a few of the pics on the counter--surprise ruined!!! I was so bummed! Thankfully, we were able to keep the best ones a secret until Sunday.

Here are a few of our favorites from the session. The boys and I are so glad to now grace his desk at work--the poor guy had no pictures of his family beforehand.











You could say he's rather inundated now. Good stuff.
Enjoy and blessings!

11 comments:

AWOL Mommy said...

Hot shots, B. Well done. Two comments: you guys are so preppy and I can't get over T! M and J seem to be on track in my mind, but for some reason T just looks like he is maturing at light speed. GG must be so proud to have the four of you on his desk (and in his life).

Right Said Red said...

Oh my gosh, they are all amazing! How did you get the rights to the negatives? where do you go? I usually head to JC Penny, but the rights to the negatives there are $100, and cannot be purchased until months after the photo shoot. Do tell!

Elso said...

Wow, so so cute! They are all adorable. I'm sure GG loves them.

Jess said...

I love the new blog banner photo!! So cute.

Shannon said...

Oh, B! I can't get enough of these photos. Your boys are just so.... handsome! And you are looking beaaautiful!!!

tanks so much for sharing! Love the new blog look!

orahoods said...

Such great pictures...glad you shared them!

Candi said...

Love the pictures - adorable boys!

B-Mama said...

Thanks all! I was also really pleased with the shots!

1) Yes, we are a bit preppy, but mind you, all with hand-me-down clothes! :) That's what happens when you have all boys and older boy cousins! Their polos are a bit faded from all the washings, but still cute.

2) We went to Portrait Innovations for the second time and it was awesome. We walked out with a ton of photos and the session CD. The CD has the unedited versions of the photos, but my iPhoto makes a snap of editing at home. We did have to spend a little more to get the CD, but I justified it by reasoning that these were pictures of three children (not just the usual one) and we probably won't go back for another year. Perhaps we'll make this a yearly tradition for Father's Day??

3) PI is a much better photo studio than Sears (where we were before) bc they have two photographers on hand for each sesson--1 to snap pictures and the other to keep the kids smiling, photo prices are cheaper, and you get to walk away with them that day (20 minutes after placing your order). They do a great business, which is why you should never go on a weekend. It is REALLY busy!

Jessica said...

Absolutely beautiful.

Carolina Girl said...

We used PI for G's 1 year photos and the only problem was they were SOO good, I walked out of there with tons of photos. I mean, really, did I need 100 wallets?? hehehe!

Great photos of the boys and you. I love the black and white one.

Jaime said...

I love them! You got them to "real smile"...great photographer!!!:)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers