Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hello Friends

I am happy to write that we are well. We are full of encouragement many thanks to you.

What a heartwarming response I received to my Building Cathedrals post yesterday. That is for what the community of believers is meant here on earth! Hallelujah! Alleluia! Thank you for your prayers for us. We bask in your prayers.

The post was truly an outpouring of my heart--I sat down initially to write something completely different and out it came. There were moments when I wanted to take it back for fear of judgement or that others might think I was judging our M unfairly. But I let it be and am better for it. Hopefully other parents out there with ornery children found encouragement knowing they are not alone!

My mom called me immediately after reading it, worried and anxious about our rough times. What a dear! I sounded pretty sad, huh?! :) I will say that the grief was not as much overt sadness, but more soul aching. The day was no worse than any other. The preceding 24, 48, even 168 hours had been pretty normal. This is just life and we are trying to wade our way through it. There are ups and downs; goods and bads. But there is always love. Thank our good Lord for His Mighty and Enduring Love!

Most importantly, we love our little M. He is the most exuberant, passionate, strong-thinking little 4-year-old I know. I am so proud of him in so many ways. Have I mentioned he's beginning to read? And is a whiz with numbers? He swings a golf club like Tiger. He plants more kisses on his littlest brother than the rest of us do in a week. He insists on planting one on T every time T falls asleep in his car seat. He has an ear for music and belts "Life is a Highway" by the Rascal Flatts every time he re-creates the car race scene. He makes the *best* car racing noises on the planet, using his two little chubby lips and a lot of spit. I love him.

I just want my boys to grow to be selfless, God-fearing men.
Our aches here are for all the right reasons. No one said the straight and narrow was easy to follow. Trial by fire, baby. ;) Yes, indeed.

Hope you've had a brilliant day!
Thanks again for walking this road with us,

2 comments:

Shannon said...

this was such a nice post to read, B!
Just know that I read your other post and took it to heart.
Gosh, motherhood is no easy job and I'm sure it's down right exasperating at times.
That said, I have every confidence that you are a dear and thorough mama and are given all the grace you need for each moment of the day.

I've been a quiet commenter but I think of you all the time and just love popping over here.

Blessings, blessings!

Carolina Girl said...

Glad you're feeling some better about things. Thanks for sharing too. We always post the fun stuff on our blogs, but I think it's very important to post the not so fun stuff too. It goes along way in helping other mothers out there feel like they're not alone!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers