Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Motherly Chuckle

I recently opened a card that read:

"'Children are a gift from the Lord...' Psalm 127:3    
(Remember that at 3 a.m.)"

lol!  Thanks Serafin Family! 
I hate to say the sentiment rings totally true in Gasperini-Ville these days, where Baby J is pulling less-than-impressive night sleep!  I'm still waking anywhere from 1-3x/night.  Ugh!  Someday, someday...

Thankfully, I'm glad to report that after getting through the first months of gassiness, Baby J has emerged with an absolutely peaceful, serene disposition.  He is a dream daytime schedule baby--he wakes, eats, plays sweetly, and then lets me know when he's tired.  Off to bed he goes and falls asleep in his crib without a whimper.   This is why I'm not complaining too much about the night sleep.  He's at least complying when I'm in demand most with the other two!! :)

I'll hopefully be reporting soon with a night miracle, but until then we're still greatly enjoying our Sweet Baby J.  God bless! :)
Update 10/23 a.m.: Probably to spite his mother on the night of such a posting, J pulled an impressive 6.5-hour stretch last night!  We are much happier this morning in Gasperini-Ville.  Sleep is a GOOD thing! :)  Hugs and warmth...

4 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

Yes, sleep is GOOD!! Oh, soooo good! If only the itty bittys knew that! G still wakes up at night but usually all he needs is us to put his papeyer back in and he falls right back to sleep. We've surrounded him with many, but he seems too disoriented to remember they are there when he awaks. J's cheeks just don't stop! They're overflowingly cute!

Shannon said...

yay for the good sleep!
also glad you had a great time in Princeton. We were there last summer for my cousin's wedding and my mom bought a beautiful duvet cover at a handmade linens store there (I'm forgetting the name of the store now... but my mom was over the top thrilled!) What fun we had... I was just OBSESSED with Princeton's quaintness!

orahoods said...

B-mama...yeah for the good sleep! We're struggling here right now. My almost six month old is waking up every 3-4 hours again! He hasn't done that since he was 3 weeks old. It's been rough, but we're working it out. That being said, I feel your pain!

Kerry said...

B- J sounds like a wonderful but growing baby. Prayers for sleep on a nightly basis!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers