Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Hello wonderful folks!
Happy Halloween to you all, followed by warm All Saints wishes to you tomorrow!  We have been happily busy this past week.  My apologies for being somewhat absent on the blogosphere!  I know you understand...

Monday brought a lovely baby playdate for J, where I had the chance to meet some sweet new friends thanks to Katherine and her sweet Claire!  On Tuesday we hunkered down at home and enjoyed a morning visit from Papa and lunchtime rendezvous with Mimi.  Papa brought Panera and Mimi brought Chipotle!!  They are too good to us... :)  Wednesday we spent fighting colds only to have a busy Thursday painting and carving pumpkins and attending a friend's Halloween party.  The boys had such fun!  We left to join the family in welcoming Uncle G from Boston with a nice dinner at Mim/Pop's house...  We finished Halloween preparations today--final pumpkin touch-ups and seed baking.  Yum!!  I soak my seeds overnight in salt water, which makes them oh-so-tasty after toasting!  Highly recommended.   

Tonight we host Mim/Pop for Boo Stew (a Mimi creation--I'll have to post the recipe here for future Halloweens), salad, and bread followed by the world's cutest Superman, Spiderman, and Pumpkin.  We didn't get overly creative on costumes this year and I'm trying to be okay with it.  "Let it go, B.  Let it go."  Things don't have to be perfect to be wonderful...  Me oh my! :)

Of course we have a train pumpkin--this is Gasperini-Ville!
The Gasperini studs
Yes, it's possible to paint and smile at the same time.
And be serious too--important stuff! :)

Hope you all enjoy a beautiful time of year and fun Halloween.
God bless!

5 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

What a week of fun you've had! Happy Halloween Gasperini-ville!

va mama said...

You are establishing a wonderful base for your Halloween Family Tradition.
What a lovely gift to your beautiful family.

Teacher-Mom said...

Happy day after Halloween! Your costumes are so cool! I hope you had fun trick-or-treating and got lots of great candy, Joey sure did. Joey really liked your train pumpkin.

Krissy said...

We were too lazy to carve pumpkins this year but Blake would have loved to have had a train pumpkin. We'll have to remember that design!

Lib said...

Hi friend. I just spent quite awhile in Gasperini-Ville. I haven't been blogging in a week or two and so I had a lot of catching up to do. You continue to look awesome B...and I am so proud of you for doing this half marathon! Way to go!! Baby J is just beautiful...looks so much like all of you guys. I love you, I miss you, and I think about you oh so much. Have a wonderful day!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers