Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Feast of St. Jude

I thought I'd pass along these beautiful sentiments sent today by a friend...

"I've been thinking of your little saint in heaven all morning and praying for the holiness of your family, especially the three boys.

I pray that your lives are filled with a little extra sweetness from St. Jude today. Our priest gave a moving homily on him at Mass--he said that St. Jude is one of the lesser known saints, but without his life and martyrdom our Holy Church would have a much weaker foundation. It reminded me of little Jude Gasperini. We will all know very little about him until we meet him in Heaven (please God!), but without him the Gasperini family would be weak. It also reminds me of you, B, as you humbly build your little cathedrals hidden away from the light of the world.

St. Jude, pray for us."


Aren't we surrounded by great friends?  Just beautiful.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

oh, what a wonderfully beautiful reflection...
thanks so much for sharing, B! and blessings to you and your family today

Lilypie First Birthday tickers