Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Endorphin Smiles

The crew, courtesy of my timed camera placed on the bumper of the van! :)

Oh the goodness of a run!  I totally had a blast today running with T, J, and Custer...  We made it a blissful 35 minutes and I loved every minute of it!  It was my second venture out and was so blessed.  We ran around the neighborhood and down by the elementary school, then up to the neighborhood across the street.  We hadn't gone far when we chose to take a left and explore a large corporate complex nearby.  Oh the joy!--we found a beautiful path all the way around a large pond with fountains and ducks and gorgeous landscaping...  The heavens felt like they parted as we jogged around this green space; I was so giddy.  God reminded me of the beauty of His creation and the blessing of running to find my way around a new town.  Running has always allowed me to find the quaint nooks and crannies of the world around me!  Today was no exception...

And not to mention I'm now flying high on endorphins--definitely my "drug" of choice!  Love 'em! :)

Did I mention I've decided to run an 8k (~5mi) in Nov. with friends up in Philly?  It will be good motivation to get out there and enjoy the beautiful autumn.
God bless you today in all of your uphill adventures...  Hugs!
(sorry for all of the above exclamation points (I can't help my enthusiasm!)--see note on endorphins :)

6 comments:

Krissy said...

It seems like ages ago I was out for my first postpartum runs but I do remember how exhilarating it is to get out there again after the hiatus. And fall is such a great time... Happy running!

Jessica said...

I am so impressed with your motivation! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

OH M

I love that you were out lovin' it!!!!!!!

The Fighter Family... said...

What a woman! Running with 2 in the baby stroller and a lab to boot!!! Good for you! It was a wonderful day wasn't it...I just love this weather and fall. So glad your getting back out there to enjoy it.

Carolina Girl said...

Wow!! You look GREAT B-mama! I still haven't been on a 35 minute run since Boo was born! Good for you.

orahoods said...

I admire those who can run and enjoy it! You look awesome...3 kids, really? I also admire that you can take 2 and the dog with you! I can't take our dog with just 1 child for a walk (I guess it doesn't help that he outweighs the two of us combined)...guess we need to work on it! Yay for fall!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers