Saturday, August 4, 2007

What I love about my families.

As we trek westward to bring an end to our long and joyous summer, I am especially grateful for our families, who continuously stand by us through the thick and thin. They are the BEST! Here are a few reasons why I love them so...

For the G's in Virginia
*I love their energy and zest for adventure every day.
*I love the amazing smells that are always coming from the kitchen.
*I love their unabashed generosity and selflessness, always looking out for the good of the family.
*I love how much they delight in my boys!
*I love that the fridge is stocked with Diet-Coke. My kind of people. :)
*I love their ability to laugh and find humor in the day-to-day.
*I love their encouragement and absolute LOVE. They are wonderful! Miss you, Mimi and Papa!

For my peeps in Ohio
*I love that there's always someone with whom to talk. And gosh, I love to chat! (My dad used to take a separate car to church in order to allow us, women, the chance to socialize all we liked.)
*I love that a precious gathering involves someone showing another a new type of sit-up. Who are we? :)
*I love that my parents are my biggest fans. They help remind me that I am (still) a precious child of God.
*I love reveling in my sister's children; and seeing my children enjoy cousins.
*I love knowing family is valued above all else and that being together is always a reason to celebrate.
*I love that hugs and kisses are a given.

Full of love for my family today. Can you tell I'm still gushing over GG's news? It really is going to take awhile for this euphoria to fade... Not such a bad problem to have, I suppose. [In the meantime, I'm sorry you'll have to put up with a super sunny version of my normally happy self. My swim teammates used to cringe seeing my smiling face for 5am practices. Sorry! :)]

God bless you for a great weekend!

No comments:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers