Monday, August 6, 2007

Sorting and such

We have been feverishly unpacking since arriving yesterday back to IN Gasperini-Ville headquarters.

How in the world does one family have so much stuff?

But you'd be so proud of me. Today I rid my life of 4 (yes, four) bags of relatively unused, cluttering life items (mostly clothes). Pretty darn good for this, here, packrat. I am continuously impressed by families who maintain a very simple existence... Though I pale in comparison, today marked a step in the right direction.

I've often made the analogy of life being like an vacation. The less you bring along, the less you have to worry about and lug around. I find there's nothing like having a light, rolling suitcase that lifts easily onto the scanner and fits snugly into the overhead bin. It is the BEST to wear everything I've packed and be completely prepared. Wouldn't it be great to have a similar approach to life? Less stuff and more peace.

Oh, to dream... :)
In the meantime, here are few snapshots from our final VA days and venture west. God bless.

Date night for the "kids"

Trainy Times at the mallOne last Camp Papa
Sweet T with his Great Grandma
Melts a mother's heart
Did I say melting?

1 comment:

Sally said...

Oh boy, do we know what you mean about "stuff". We have no idea what to do with all of our things in our new house. They're all piling up in the baby's room, since the baby's not here yet!!! I keep adding to a stack at the front door of things to get rid of as soon as possible. Good luck! Miss you all!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers