Tuesday, November 20, 2012

That's More Like It

Here's where I last left you, hanging by a string in anticipation of our Great Wolf pictures.  I left you to take care of the hallway and laundry...  the result is the fruit of my efforts later that night.  There is truly nothing like a clean house in my world.  Amidst the chaos of 5 kiddos, a serene backdrop does wonders for my sanity!

Now as I blog, though, after two whirlwind days back in the "swing of things", the family room is looking a bit peaked all over again.  Oh well!  Such is the cycle of life...

Here, finally, are a few of the shots from Great Wolf.  We had such fun.  It is the perfect type of place for us right now as a family.  There are attractions for all of our ages, amenities in place for GG and me to manage everybody, and accommodations to make it relaxing enough for our whole family!
The kids were excited to don bathing suits in November!

First evening excitement--the pool was rather dark, but we still enjoyed ourselves!

Daddy enjoyed babysitting while Mommy and the big boys went on some big slides! ;)
Later, we spent a good part of the evening in the "kid cabin" part of our room since the baby was sleeping in the main area.  6 of us crammed together, watching Toy Story 2 and eating pizza = a perfect night, in my opinion! 
We were back at it again in no time Saturday!  I went down early Saturday morning and reserved a table for us, which worked out to be the perfect set-up.  By the time we made it to the pool, we all went off swimming, sliding, etc. and then later came back for lunch.  I had packed some bagels and cream cheese, fruit, etc.  It was just right for what we needed...
GG took the littles on the lazy river while I had baby G napping in the Bjorn.
J in the wave pool
MG had a great time, though was tired by Saturday afternoon.
This guy had a total blast--he walked away crying because he wanted to stay.
This was the wave pool everyone loved.
And here's how I spent most of my day Saturday--my squish was resting soundly and that's all I cared about!!  The Bjorn allowed me to travel around with the littles...

This was the frontier fort with slides and water tricks.  The big boys and I crawled around on it later Sat. morning.  So fun!  I was a kid again!!

One thing remains for certain--we will be going back again soon!!
I am thankful for the blessing of "extras" like these.  Lord, you are good to us.

God bless,

1 comment:

OH M said...

Love, love, love it!! Perfect getaway!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers