Sunday, November 25, 2012

For Therese

Today is the tenth anniversary of the birth of Therese Joy, the first child of my dear friend, Kellie.

Therese was born with anencephaly and quietly passed away during delivery on that cold November night back in 2002 in Ann Arbor, Michigan.  I was there with a multitude of friends.  We knew Therese was coming and we knew she would only be here on earth for a short while.

After she was born, Kellie and her husband were so generous to allow us the chance to meet Therese in person.  I had the privilege of seeing her sweet face, admiring her beautiful rosebud lips and long fingers, rejoicing in her precious life.

What a witness little Therese was to all of us.  I am thankful today for her life and celebrate the sweet angel who looks down on us from heaven.  I can't wait to meet you someday, little Therese.  You've already taught me so much.

No comments:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers