Saturday, September 1, 2012

Irish Love

It's 9am on a Saturday morning in early September, which means only one thing in G-Ville:
Go Irish!!!





We are nestled in and watching the season opener game, broadcasted from Ireland!


























The coolest thing is that our very special Uncle C and his girlfriend are at the game in person!  So exciting!  C is captain in the Army, stationed in Vicenza, Italy.  This allows him wonderful access to Europe and some awesome travel opps!  Wish we could be there with you, C!

I am praying this game goes well--ND losses are felt deeply around these parts.  GG went to law school there and our family now bleeds navy and gold!  We like to see the Irish win, which means we haven't had too many reasons to smile over the past few years.  I do smile as I type this, though, because it's all so silly.  To invest our hearts heavily in something so frivolous as football is definitely of this world...  Yet it is still fun to have this as part of our family culture.  We can cheer and wear jerseys and impersonate ND players in backyard football games.  But we know it ends there.

I think this is an important lesson to impart to our kids, especially the boys!  Funny enough, I get so involved and competitive that I have to remove myself at various points during the game or it really drags me down.  ;)

Alrighty, back to the game!
God bless,

4 comments:

Va Mama said...

Where is Mary Grace? Is she rooting for Navy and you're hiding her? Have fun!!! Go Irish!!!

FL M said...

Happy times are here again!!! Go, ND! I smile when I see how blue baby G's eyes are with that Irish shirt on!! She's really decked out, but not quite sure when she should smile!! lol

Queen B said...

Awesome! We had our Bama gear and shakers rolling tonight too! Football season can be so fun. Glad you are using the opportunity to enjoy each other :)

Krissy said...

Love this! I had to show my husband but got myself in trouble for not having our kids properly decked out in Irish gear :) Sadly the last game he made it to was way back when we stayed with you.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers