Tuesday, September 4, 2012

And they're off!

We had a smooth start to the first day of school this morning.  The boys awoke in good spirits and eager to get going.  In fact, we were ready with 15 minutes to go and they were like racehorses in the gates, ready to take off.  Finally it was time!
The newest second-grader on the block!  Ready for a great year!
And the kindergartner is raring to go!  He's been waiting for this day for quite awhile!
Can't tell you how often I'm asked if they are twins!  

Don't forget little brother-- he starts next week!

Me and my boy!  The sky's the limit for this one! 
Another good one thanks to photographer M!  
And the boys are off... finally!  They were waiting and waiting and finally, it was time!  This will be the last on-time morning we'll have all year.  lol
The farewell committee
Our big kindergartner at his class
Heading into 2nd grade!
I pick them up at 2:15, so we'll report in tomorrow how things went.  I can tell you already--great!  These are my guys--"the most wonderful boys in the whole wide world" (or at least that's what mama tells them!)  I hope they believe it because I do. ;)

2 comments:

FL G and P said...

They are the best!! Gramz and Papp,y wish we could have been there to help send them off!!! Miss all of you so much. We are so thankfully that you allow us the opportunity to have a window into the G-Ville world!!

Teacher-Mom said...

I hope they had a great start to their school year! It's hard to believe how big they are getting already. Do we really have second graders? They seem so old, don't they?! And then I can't believe my baby will be in kindergarten next year, although he's totally ready. He was going to the bus stop every morning with his backpack to wait with the other kids before we headed to school, but I had to start making him keep his backpack at home because twice the bus driver has stopped to make sure he isn't supposed to be on the bus! He would go if I'd let him! Here's to a great 2012-2013 school year! Keep us posted.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers