Thursday, September 20, 2012

Hope Emerging

So our friend's angel baby, Shylah, did tremendously well yesterday through surgery.  She was in and out in an impressive two hours...  The reason for the short duration, though, was that surgeons had to remove her entire pancreas.  The lesions were diffuse, which was the most upsetting of findings.  This was such a defeating blow to our friends; it means many, many complications for their sweet baby girl well into the future.

Yet even amidst this disappointing news, today their hearts are hopeful for their daughter to go home and get back to life outside the hospital, even though that life might be difficult.  What bravery.  What fortitude.

My hope and prayer for them tonight is found in Romans 8:28:

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love Him, to those who are called according to His purpose."

I can't tell you how often I am reminded of this verse and fall back on His goodness in relief.  I may not like every outcome, every answer life has to give me, but I can be assured of Him working for the good for me.  How blessed.  How powerful.  What love!

Ever heard the expression: "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"?  This Romans verse is my lemonade verse--its God saying, "When life gives you lemons, I'm going to help you make lemonade.  In fact, I'm going to be making lemonade for you all the time, especially when you're walking in My Path."  Fantastic!  Wonderful!

How do I get to be so lucky?
Thank you, dear Lord,

1 comment:

FL M said...

My heart aches for this family! We will continue to pray for healing!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers