Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Field Trip!

I've yet to be able to volunteer for any of M's field trips since he started elementary school last year. It is the blessing and curse of being a mama hen with little chickadees in tow. Today, though, (thanks to docent Mimi taking the littlest two on a "Mimi adventure" to the art museum) I was able to accompany M's class to a local farm set in the 1860's. What a fun leap back into history...
Gray-hatted M taking in the horse. See if you can spot him in the rest of the photos...

M and I were buddies the whole time--how I love being able to love on him one-on-one. We both enjoyed the animals the most and got a kick out of a sheep rubbing his bum on the fence. (How old am I? :) Never too old to have a good laugh! Mama even got to hold a baby lamb. I figure I've got a baby in belly, why not a baby in arms too?! What a joy to hold that sweet little angel.
Mama in my own personal heaven. Why did none of the other mothers volunteer?? Oh well, more lamb for me!



M and his classmates got to see a corn shucker in action, old farmhouse and well, participate in coffee grinding and an old-fashioned fire drill... It was all too cute. We both had a great time!

Blessings from our farm to yours,

2 comments:

FL M said...

TOO cute!

Carolina Girl said...

So awesome that you were able to go on this field trip with M! I know it was a special time for you both. BTW, he's getting sooo tall!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers