Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Birthdays and such

We started off our week on Superbowl Sunday with a BIG birthday here. Our M turned 7!! Happy Birthday to my biggest boy... I described him as "thoughtful, quirky, and passionate" on a Facebook post and couldn't think of three better words to describe him. He's also fiercely loyal and protective of anyone and anything about which he cares. Don't think for a second, though, that his heart isn't pincushion soft. I caught him tearing up at the end of Disney's Bolt the other day. And he's 7. Good luck when you're a 33yo parent, my love! Open the floodgates like your mama!

We took cupcakes to school on Monday to pass out to his classmates at lunch and *boy* I couldn't get over how BIG my guy seemed. It was really a treat to see him interact with his peers--he is liked and loved amidst friends and that's always a good thing for a mama to see.

I have oodles of pics to download as the celebrations continue. We welcome 7 7yo's to our house this Saturday afternoon (along with two brothers), to make a lively group of 10 boys for M's ninja party. Can you guess how much I loved that he put his brothers as part of his guest list? Melt me, for sure. Open those floodgates.

Pictures to come, I promise.

God bless,

2 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

I know I say it every year... I canNOT believe he's 7!!!!! It seems like yesterday...
I love how you are able to describe your children, B-mama! Just Beautiful!
Happy Bday Phew Phew!!

FL G said...

Dear sweet M! And the birthday continues as the nijas unite! Can't wait to hear all about the training academy. Hope you all wonderfully survive!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers