Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Feeling Like Turkey

As if on cue, the weather took a brisk turn today.

Cue 50 degree temps. Cue subtle, leaf-rustling wind. Cue cozy setting.

Cue adorable children (bias) jumping in leaves.



The potato filling is done. The corn casseroles are done. The stuffing is done. Now for the birds--one breast and one whole. To be conquered tonight.

What a joy to have what we need and what we don't.
There is so much for which to be thankful.

One last thing I keep meaning to mention. The other morning I was greeted by my oldest, who stood looking over his sister who lay in her crib--"Mommy, come and say good morning to the most precious star of the family, MG!" lol. I approached to see "the star" gazing up at her big brother in awe. Mutual admiration. I just about fell over, it was so cute.
Blessings as you prepare,

2 comments:

OH M and D said...

That big boy, M, is a star too! In fact, you are a star-studded family in our book! We miss you dearly and can almost smell that cooking...wait, I guess it's our first turkey which is all golden brown and ready to make it's debut.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING GASPERINI-VILLE!!

Anonymous said...

I am curious, what does "MG" stand for? Your children are lovely!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers