Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine Re-cap

We had a wonderful Valentine weekend here in Gasperini-Ville...

Friday started with the boys enjoying passing out their valentines at school. Both M and T created their own cards with care. T and I worked on writing his name together. M wrote his classmates' names and then his own on the bottom of each card. I was so proud of both of them for their earnest efforts. After their day at school, they hurried home to open their valentine bags and examine their loot! Hello sugar!



GG and I really don't celebrate the holiday (because every day is Valentine's Day for us!--cough, cough ;) But we did splurge and go out for a yummy dinner Friday night with Mimi and Papa. The boys had a sitter (who they love btw) and the adults had a relaxing time eating and not worrying about boys! :) It made for a great evening. Even better for me would have been to indulge in some of that good red wine over dinner! Oh well, MG is totally worth it...

Saturday I was spoiled with a day trip up to DC to visit with my dear Princeton buddies. What a blessing it was to hang with my old pals and offer each other support and encouragement. I also had a chance to meet Red's new little squeeze, Claire, who is adorable and so social. She is such a dreamboat just like her big sister. Here we are after feasting all day on J's amazing cooking. She seriously needs to create her own cookbook. Either that or come work as Gasperini-Ville's personal chef. I'm leaning toward the latter of the two options...
Sunday then was relatively low-key as we headed to Mass, Krisp.y Kreme donuts (who can deny heart-shaped donuts with sprinkles???), and home for a lazy afternoon.

GG and I capped off the day with a few episodes of our new favorite, Friday Night Lights, that we watch instantly online through Netflix. It is amazing and we are totally hooked. Thanks, Burkes, for the recommendation. We are completely and utterly addicted. It is a fantastic show if you're looking for a new one to follow.

A "movie", some hot tea, and my main squeeze sitting next to me? Now that's a Valentine's Day to celebrate! Hope yours was blessed...

2 comments:

Right Said Red said...

Great pic! Loved seeing you!!!!!

Shannon said...

I owe you an email...
It was SUCH a treat to be with you! Seriously, B, I could have stayed all day and gabbed. You are a total dear, and a wonderful mama... and your boys!! Oh, how scrumptious are they?!!

So fun... I'm just praying I get to see you sooner than later. I'll be aching for some more "coffee time" with you!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers