Saturday, February 20, 2010

My Little Fish

I was a big swimmer growing up--U.S.S. meets galore, many, many practices every week, chlorine-infused hair, etc. so it is REALLY important to me that my boys learn to swim and swim well. A family-owned company here in town has taken my little, fearful swimming fledglings and turned them into legitimate swimmers!! Hearing M say, "Mommy, I love to swim" just about made my year. This is a kid who back in August wouldn't put his head under! Love it. They did a stellar job during this last round of swim lessons, which we forced on them twice a week in January!

Here I am with M during the last lesson when Mommy got to "learn" all the swimming techniques. It is so fun to be in the water together.

M, jumping in from the side of the pool. You have no idea what an awesome thing this is. It is a great feat for him!!

He has now added backstroke to his freestyle repertoire. 2 strokes down, 2 strokes to go! ;)

The cutest little fish I ever did see!

T diligently worked on his rollovers this past time, getting him ready to take breaths in freestyle. The teacher said he's a "natural" and "at ease" in the water. That's my boy! :)

So proud of them! One of my main goals in all of this is to have two independent swimmers this summer while I'm trying to manage an infant and a toddler at the pool! We'll see how that goes.
Have a great weekend,

6 comments:

Molly said...

What cuties! You might want to use a special chlorine-removing shampoo once they're in the water daily--with their blond hair, they could get green streaks!

FL G and P said...

So proud of these little minnows!!!! Way to go, fish!!

Teacher-Mom said...

Awesome job at swimming lessons M and T. Miss Sarah really needs to get on the ball with your friends Joey and Max. I agree with your Momma that they need to know how to swim, even if they don't compete. I bet you will do a great job at the pool this summer while your mom is busy with your little brother and sister. PS. You know how blonde I am and never had green hair, so you may get lucky!

Jessica said...

Wow!! That is awesome!!

Carolina Girl said...

Looks like they're doing GREAT!! I was never on a swim team growing up, but we'were ALWAYS in the water at the beach or at our community pool.
It's also important for us to have G swimming like a fish. So far, he loves the water. Maybe a little too much. He doesn't respect yet. Just thinks he can walk right in over his head.
Way to go G boys!!

Right Said Red said...

I wish we could come down there and take lessons with you! My kids have not taken to swimming, and I'm wondering if this class you speak so highly of would make the difference!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers