Thursday, July 23, 2009

30 x 30 Trudging Along

For all the folks who jumped onboard our 30 x 30 challenge, congratulations!
You have officially surpassed us in your commitment, I guarantee it! :)

I am happy to write to you that I did workout today.
I'm ashamed to say that its the first time in 6(!) days!!!

Traveling over the weekend and our subsequent sickness have really hampered my motivation. I should change our blog's name to "Snots-Ville", seriously. No excuses, though. The sun was shining on Saturday and Sunday while we were at the hotel. There was nothing stopping me from lacing my tennies and hitting the pavement.
But I didn't. I used every excuse in the book-- "I need to spend this time with my family", "It's not fair that I workout and GG doesn't", "It's really hot and humid", "I don't want to get shin splints", "I'm so tired"... You name it, I thought it!

I normally enjoy getting out on a run while we're away. Running is one of the best ways to explore a new place and get a feel for a town. I will often find little nooks and crannies that I might never have discovered if it were not for running... I digress.

Poor GG has been working like a dog (I'll vouch for it) and has since abandoned his 30 x 30 goal. It just wasn't feasible. Not now, anyway! Until this big deal is a thing of the past, he'll just have to dream of exercise OR get up at 5am to get it done. We'll see which he chooses!

So this morning I accomplished 12 minutes of running outside (before GG left) and 18 minutes on the elliptical. I then conquered 15 Army push-ups and 5 with knees. Getting there... Now to focus on those 13 minutes of prayer time remaining. There should be absolutely no excuses on that front.

On an unrelated, sad note, here are pictures taken out back behind Gasperini-Ville this morning. We have loved our tranquil woods and it appears will be seeing them no longer. A developer will be building an addition onto our subdivision. So sad!!! I never thought this day would come... Sniff, sniff!!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

i hadn't even considered that my being behind was worth it b/c of this weekend... you're SO right! thanks!

(and... yes, I AM considering moving down to the DC area, which is somewhat close to Richmond... maybe we'll get to meet sooner than later!) I"ll babysit anytime so you and your hubby can go out!

AWOL Mommy said...

good push-up progress, hooah. Daddy work schedules affect everyone so much, I will keep G-ville in our prayers. Also, on the snot front, do you keep bottles of the Johnson and Johnson Menthol baby wash on hand? You must. The stuff is awesome when congestion hits and you have little ones like T and J who can't take much else.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers