Friday, February 27, 2009

Lent--Day Three

A blessed first Friday of Lent to you all...  How are you?

The week has been a full one.  Thanks for hanging with us through my various reports of new practices in place here in Gasperini-Ville.  We are definitely better for them and are trying to drive home consistency, consistency...  Day by day!  I am doing my best to lovingly mother with grace, offering up my imperfections and allowing Christ to infiltrate more of my day.  Thank goodness Lent offers us 40 days to try to get it right!

In the meantime, the boys and I have embarked on a special project together--The Jesus Tree.  I caught the bug through a recommendation on Building Cathedrals and ran with it...  Now, with a little felt and care for detail, we are embarking on day three of our tree.  Each "lesson" takes 15-20 minutes, just enough to capture the boys' attention with a brief Bible story about Jesus' life, the hanging of a daily "ornament" on our Jesus tree, and then the coloring of a picture to represent the story.  Overall, the boys' response has been GOOD.  They are still very young to expect their attention for the whole time--a 2-year-old's attention span is amazingly short!!!!  As GG encouraged, at least they are getting some exposure to the Biblical stories and the life of Christ.  Thanks dear!  Even better: by completing the Jesus Tree this year, we are starting a childhood tradition that can be carried along each Lent.  I am really excited to add this pastime to Gasperini-Ville's growing list...  
Blessings to you this Friday!  Prayers for a glorious weekend to come,

3 comments:

Kerry said...

Love this. Looks like a great activity and tradition to start. J is too cute and looks like he is growing beautifully!

orahoods said...

Baby J is absolutely adorable! What a sweetie:) Neat tradition for the family...your boys are lucky to have a mom who is thoughtful with respect to all aspects of their lives!

Krissy said...

B- I love all the creative ideas you come up with and really enjoyed reading your new practices installment. I wish I had half the mothering skills you have. I admire your ability to accomplish with three what I can't seem to do with one! You've inspired me to revamp the effort...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers