Monday, February 16, 2009

Gasperini Diner

I write this morning from the kitchen, where I am attempting the world's most perfect pancake. Not really, but I am at least trying to make them presentable, round, and fully cooked, which is a feat in and of itself for this mama. The art of pancake-making has escaped me in my younger years--the batter being too thick, too thin; the pancakes overcooked, undercooked, sticking to themselves, folded, misshapen, and everything in-between. I admit to being a horrible pancake-maker.

But not this morning! I think I'm finally getting to the bottom of it... Today the batter is slighty lumpy, but not too lumpy. It is a little runny, but not too runny. The pan is hot, but not too hot. We are cracking this mystery! And how metaphorical on this Monday to be reminded that the best things come after much tweaking and by taking a moderate approach. As a mother when I get bogged down in either extreme, I find myself less effective and dissatisfied. A good lesson to remember today as I tackle a weekend-ruffled home and three energy-packed, precious boys!



And who doesn't love good lessons (and good pancakes) when you have smiling faces such as these to greet you in return? The boys consumed two different batches of pancakes and we all enjoyed our high fructose syrupy delight (much to a mama's chagrin--has anyone found good syrup without the toxins?? I digress...) Hope this also greets you with smiles and warmth on a Monday. One more to go until the Lenten season begins--live it up! :)
I happened upon this situation after running upstairs briefly!  lol.

4 comments:

orahoods said...

This post made me want to join you for breakfast...would have been sweet company with those happy faces! Happy Monday!

Rachel said...

Gosh, your boys are just so darn cute! It looks like you had a great Monday morning! I love all of the natural light in your kitchen -- nothing like a bit of sunshine to start your day off right! As for the pancakes -- I'm totally the same way! I can't seem to master them and often resort to waffles instead. Maybe one day I'll get the hang of it -- you've given me hop!

Carolina Girl said...

Baby J has changed his looks since his last blog photos. He's growing up, B!! T and M are the cutest big brothers too. What a great way to start the day.

Billie said...

Your boys are soo cute. Baby J looks so much like my baby J. How I miss those big chubby cheeks! It was only a few months ago but man....sometimes it seems so much longer than that!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers