Friday, November 21, 2008

Team In Training: Week 1

I thought I'd use this chance to update you on my half marathon progress!  So far I am in week 2 of training, at around 10 miles for overall weekly mileage (we start slow which is good!)  I've currently raised $415 of my $1900, so things are moving along nicely there.  Thank you to those who have supported me thus far!!!!  I've recently stalled a bit, though, so (while I hate to beg) I'd absolutely love your help in reaching my goal.  The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society is a really incredible organization, worthy of support--they are really top notch.  Because of them, my grandpa will be reimbursed for the miles and miles of driving he's had to make to and from treatments every day.  This amounts to hundreds of dollars in gas--money that is *really* tight for them.  What a blessing LLS is for folks battling blood cancers--my family is seeing it firsthand!! 

Our Team In Training "team" met for the first time two Saturdays ago.  You can see me in the pic above, dressed in all black with yellow.  Next time I'll have my training shirt so I'll look more like the rest of the gang. ;)  What hearts of gold there were...  I guess I should have expected this.  These people are running many miles and doing it to support cancer victims.  Probably not going to draw too many lowlifes! :)  lol.

We ran a little under 4 miles that day and it felt great to run with people and wonderful ones at that.  Looking forward to the rest of our weeks of training!!  

Shamrock Half, here I come!!  Thanks for your love and support! 

This week GG, J, and I are off to Philly for me to race an 8K with Red, Juris Mater, Mary Alice, and others from over at Building Cathedrals!  Can't wait... except for the anticipated 25F temps on Sunday morning!  Brrr.  God bless!

3 comments:

katy said...

What a wonderful thing you are doing. My boyfriend is currently in remission from Mantle Cell Lymphoma, a non curable form and he went though a very rough regimen of chemo last year. It is so encouraging to see so much support from organizations like this. This, I believe, will continue to offer support for cancer patients, as well as offer a future cure.

Keep running strong :) Let me know if I can help in any way!

Kerry said...

Hey B! We'd love to see you and have a rendevous with the kiddos. We will be flying in late on the 24th and heading home early on the 2nd. I don't what your plans are like but it would be great to see you. Let me know what days are not too chaotic for you. The only day I have solidified plans are on Tuesday the 25th. Hope to see you!

Krissy said...

B- Very cool. I always like having a group to run with. Have a great race this weekend. Stay warm!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers