Thursday, November 6, 2008

All I Have To Say

Is that J went 11 hours last night!
I mean, could anything be better than extended sleep? :) 

**************
On another front, our camera is totally on the fritz as of Halloween.  It takes fine pics, but the color is all off, with a greenish hue and reflective quality.  Has anyone ever dealt with this?  Are we cornered into buying a new camera?  What horrible timing--I would much rather shower our family with Christmas gifts rather than spend the $$ on a new one!

Here's an example of one of the pics:  It is cheeky J with our friend Lt. Pete, who came to visit on Monday with his awesome wife, Carrie!  It was so fantastic to see them and praise God together for his safe return from a second tour in Iraq with the Marines (you may remember seeing him on my prayer request list).  I was so sad not to have many shots of our visit with them due to the crazy camera...  Ho hum.  Any experience or camera insight would be awesome if you have it!
It's Thursday!  Praise God, we're making it...  
Blessings,

7 comments:

The Ballee Girls said...

Pete looks great. Please send him our best when you speak with him next. Don't have anything for you on the camera front, unfortunately. Although I actually kinda like the old-school look the pics have! This looks like a shot from the 70s! Not a solution, I'll admit, but funny. (If it makes you feel any better, my camera has also started to die...it has started to lose its ability to focus. A familiar problem for me, personally.)

Right Said Red said...

No camera advice, but Pete and baby J look great (even in crazy green light!)

Love you!

Elso said...

I don't have any advice, just wanted to say we are in the same boat. I'm afraid we're also going to have to buy a new camera. (The boys have thrown ours down one to many times!)It is bad timing. Maybe yours will be an easy fix?

Carolina Girl said...

I really don't know about the camera, but perhaps the white balance setting was in a weird mode for the lighting? Maybe it was accidentally switched at some point? I doubt that's really the case, but it's worth a shot to try.

Carolina Girl said...

oh yeah! HIP HIP HOORAY FOR BABY J going 11 hours!!!! Woohoo!

orahoods said...

Way to go baby J! Will you come talk to Aaron for me...I'm sure he'll be up:) Sweet Dreams B-Mama!

CG said...

B - I am thinking about returning the camera I recently bought at the PX. It's rated #1 on ConsumerReports and I got it for 25% off retail - paid about $150. Let me know if you guys might be interested in buying it. It's a Canon SD1100 IS

Lilypie First Birthday tickers