Friday, July 27, 2012

G's Baptism

We had such a joyous last weekend welcoming our sweet baby G into the Catholic Church!  She was an angel baby (as she always is!) and didn't make a peep the entire time.  Toward the end of the ceremony, she fell asleep in my arms and slept peacefully through until arriving at her little baptismal shindig back at Mimi and Papa's house.  Her siblings were so excited to watch her in the spotlight and GG and I felt so blessed to be her parents.

As we were walking with her up the aisle, I told GG I felt as if it was her wedding day.  How beautiful are the sacraments...  I grow more in love with them every day.  Baby G wore the same gown as her sister--a beautiful smocked dress with crosses at the top.  Mimi also added a miraculous medal to the upper left lapel.  I adore this dress.  It's actually back at the cleaner before we store it since G drooled on it so much!!

We were so blessed to have G's godparents from over at Under the Fig Tree come out from Vegas to be here for the baptism.  They were married last October and have been settling into Nevada since then...  J and I were roommates at Princeton and the year after when we were both teaching in NJ.  What a treat it was for GG and I commune with them from Saturday evening on.  Catholic fellowship at its best.  It's amazing what God can teach us through one another and our mutual experiences.








Mimi's spread--enough to feed a small army!


Welcome G babe!  We love you, sweet girl!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

wonderful!!!

Carol said...

Congratulations on the baptism. You guys are glowing! And you look WOW, B-Mama! I should hire you as my work-out coach.

Donna said...

What a beautiful family. All those little blue blazers make my heart melt! Precious! I love how you said it was like walking her down the aisle for her wedding say. Indeed!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers