Tuesday, December 20, 2011

20 week update

I think this little person looks a lot like our T!!
Our little peanut was resting comfortably and happily in utero this morning...
The babe was sweet and lovely and bring-us-to-tears healthy, thanks be to God.

In other lackluster news, mama gained 8(!) lbs. this last month, bringing my total so far to 15. Must have been all that delicious Italian pasta and subsequent Christmas party fare. Gotta blame it on something, right?! Definitely need to slow down. :)

My BP was also higher: 125/86, so I definitely need to chill out!!

We also know what we're having--the u/s tech wrote it on a card and GG and I opened it later at coffee. But... we're not telling! Not until Christmas!! :) See if mama can keep my big mouth closed until then. ;)

Thanks for rejoicing with us.

9 comments:

Tracy said...

Wonderful news! So happy the newest baby G is doing well! And mama too!

Jenica Cory said...

So happy for you guys. I was hoping for some pink or blue type though! Have a merry Christmas. We are still waiting on baby boy Cory to arrive. Just hoping he doesn't come this! weekend

Teacher-Mom said...

So glad to see your little one growing stronger and healthier each day! Can't wait to hear the news, though!!

Carolina Girl said...

Wonderful news!!!
Praises!!

Can't wait til Christmas!

orahoods said...

Beautiful pictures and news...can't wait to hear about the exciting announcement to your kiddos on Christmas morning!

Carol said...

B-You are such a considerate person, I understand why you are so affected by the all tragic news lately. Happy to hear all is well with baby though. If it makes you feel better, I think I have already gained 5lbs this month and I am not expecting.

I will be checking your blog on Christmas constantly to find out the big news.

Right Said Red said...

Love the u/s pics! Although I am just a tad bit bitter that I don't know the gender ;-)

Donna said...

Oh I always cry at the 20 week ultrasound- a healthy baby is a such a gift to celebrate! Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers for us. I was driving yesterday and prayed for your ultrasound and wondered ALL DAY what the sex was and here I come to find out and it's still a secret! Well- Congratulations either way and have a blessed Christmas!

Christy said...

Glad to hear all is well! That is a much more fun appointment than the alternative! ;-) Can't wait to hear the big news!

xo,
Christy

Lilypie First Birthday tickers