Sunday, April 11, 2010

Rolling into 30

...weeks and counting!
And feeling good! MG is definitely growing and moving a bunch, but always with sweetness it seems. :) We head back to the doc this Thursday for my 30-week appt. It's only been two weeks since my last visit, but here starts the downhill descent to delivery. Praise God! I haven't heard anything about my recent glucose test, which means good things--they don't call if the results are normal. I am totally relieved because no one told me to avoid carbs that morning, so I started my day with a large bowl of cereal. You think I could get this right the fourth time around, but alas, at each glucose test my brain is so "baby brain" that I have no recollection. I claim complete innocence.

While I'm feeling generally energetic these days, I am definitely beginning to fear the coming two months of exhaustion and huge-ness. Tackling the busyness of three boys is going to be quite a challenge while lugging around the extra... Day by day. I just need to make it through April and then May and then we're in the home stretch. Day by day. Can't wait to meet our sweet girl!

Hope you all enjoyed a brilliant weekend... I think we had the world's most perfect weather: 70's and sunny with blue skies above. You all are welcome out here in Virginia anytime. It is a fantastic place to live!! One quick shout-out to my amazing hubby who was Mr. Honey-Do this weekend, achieving 7 hours worth of yard work on Saturday and just being the best all-around dad and husband anyone could ever ask for! Love you, babe!!

We are already in nesting mode since we are soon embarking on an attic/3rd floor renovation project. I told the builder he has until mid-May to get in and out because I need to have ample time to prepare for this baby! He promised that once they start, they'll be in and out in less than 2 weeks. We'll see... Also, we got the baby bedding/crib up and running this weekend (lots of ironing) and it looks so precious and sweet, just like my girl!! Pics to come.

Hope you all have a blessed start to your week,

7 comments:

Shannon said...

B-
you are the picture of a pretty, glowing, pregnant mama! Truly, you look wonderful... MG will cherish these belly shots some day! Something about us women who love to see growing bellies filled with life, and your MG will no doubt be part of this club some day. To think how time will fly! It's a joy to see the way that MG is already changing you as a mother. What a lucky little one to be blessed with two wonderful parents.
Continued prayers as you prepare! Make sure to sit and rest when you can :)
Blessings...

Teacher-Mom said...

You look wonderful, even after 30 weeks of pregnancy and three busy little boys. Can't wait to see the pics of Miss MG's room. How fun to decorate for a girl after three boys. What are ya'll doing to the attic? Hugs!

orahoods said...

Wow, you look great and 30 weeks already! Can't wait to see pics of her room:) If anyone can handle third trimester exhaustion, "hugeness" and three boys, it's you...I'm convinced!

Right Said Red said...

You look gorgeous! No surprise there ;-)

Queen B said...

What a gorgeous momma...love pregnant tummies :)

Jessica Anderson said...

i can't believe you're already at week 30! just amazing. you look great! and i'm impressed with how much you guys have already gotten done in preparation for her arrival this far ahead of time.

Leah Moss said...

B- you look awesome! I'm so excited for you (and, fingers-crossed us too!)to meet your little girl!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers