Friday, January 22, 2010

New Laundry Goal

I'm writing it here so you all can hold me to it. For some reason I've never thought about assigning a day of the week to different people's laundry. Brilliant! So I think... :)

Monday: off
Tuesday: J's laundry--usually one load
Wednesday: GG and B-mama's laundry--one light, one dark
Thursday: big boy laundry start
Friday: big boy laundry finish
Saturday and Sunday: sheets, towels, etc.

I am just dumbfounded, in general, how simple the schedule looks!! I think the real secret to greater laundry clarity has been moving the boys' laundry to a new hamper in their bathroom. Before, we just threw it all directly in the laundry room, which made me feel like I never got out from under the pile!! Somehow by compartmentalizing, my brain feels a lot more put together!! Now that's something to celebrate...

Cheers to a great weekend,

7 comments:

Jess said...

I think if you can be flexible with the off day to meet your busy social schedule and fill in whoever didn't get done last week on Monday the next week rather than throwing the whole thing off course if you miss a day, and no one goes more than a week or so without clean undies, you'll be totally on track. Sounds like a plan! Good luck.

B-Mama said...

Jess, you're right. Using the off day whenever it fits sounds just right. One can never predict the onslaught of laundry due to illness, etc.!

The Fighter Family... said...

B I'm totally with you. I am amazed at how much laundry we generate. If I don't do at least one load a day...I feel buried! Laundry is my nemesis, but I’m determined to beat it. :-) Good luck!

Jess said...

B - just makes sure you take your day off! Be aware of it every week and you'll get all the enjoyment you can out of not doing laundry. I can't imagine how much 3 teenage boys will generate, so be thankful for today. =)

Teacher-Mom said...

I do something similar, only just on the weekends. I do the boys together and ours together so that it's easier when I fold and put away. I can't believe how much laundry the boys go through in a week. They only wear 1 outfit a day, but it adds up! Good luck with your new plan!

Shannon said...

just love this idea!!!

Rachel said...

I love it! Sometimes I feel like laundry is my biggest job outside of parenting my boys. It is truly never done. I try to take one day/week and do it all day that day until it's done. (usually Mondays) That way, I feel like I have at least one day where everything in my house is clean! Hope the new schedule takes a load off your mind -- no pun intended! :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers