Saturday, January 9, 2010

31 years young

I am officially a "thirty something" today.

WAY back in time when I was watching 90210 there was a show "Thirty Something" on TV that was really popular, but was totally uninteresting to me at the time. Now I fit the bill and I'm trying not to be depressed about it! lol. Such a show would undoubtedly be at the top of my list if it were playing today... Scary!

We went out to celebrate tonight at the very kid-friendly Red Robin, where I love their french fries dipped in ranch dressing. The boys are overwhelmed by all the distractions there (a good thing), including the zillion TVs they have playing sports. One could also talk at the top of his lungs without being noticed. It is an excellent place for Gasperinis.

We had fun and I received some really great gifts from everyone. Among my favorites are a children's music compilation of piano sheet music with everything from "Bob, The Builder" to "Gary Indiana". It should bring fun times to our home. Another was a copy of the movie Twilight, which GG knows I adore. He is so good to humor me! ;) You don't have to tell me, I know I'm pathetic.

The last gift, though, was quite unexpected and one I didn't receive until we arrived home. Anyone without kids, you can stop reading here because a) you probably won't get why I'm so excited and b) you will be totally grossed out! You've had your warning! Out of nowhere while the kids were brushing their teeth in the bathroom, T announced, "I need to do this" and sprung into action. He grabbed the child's toilet seat and handed me the potty book, commanding me to "Read this." Then he bounded up onto the potty and proceeded to go #2 with ease. Hallelujah! What a birthday gift for his mama!!!!! GG and I have been laying low on the potty front, not wanting to ruin the little guy's self-esteem (very fragile these days.) I figured I'd probably be wiping butts until college. Well, apparently not. What a birthday gift!! :) I'm so tickled.

In other news, the dawn of year 32 has brought about a more noticeable baby bump. I'm no longer on "bump watch". Pregnancy confirmed.

Hope you all are enjoying a blessed weekend.
xo and prayers,

9 comments:

CSR said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Wish we could be there to join in the celebration. :)

Great news about T. Yes, I. Totally. Get. It.

Welcome to Thirty Something. For the record, even as a kid I loved that show. I have no idea why.

Elso said...

Glad you had such a great birthday. Not only do I get it, I'm jealous that T went #2 in the potty chair. We can't O to go for anything!

ashleigha said...

Happy Birthday!!!! What a wonderful gift!!!!!! I totally understand how happy you are:)))

Leah Moss said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY B!!! You're so inspiring!

Carolina Girl said...

Happy Birthday B-mama!!!
You're the BEST!!!

Right Said Red said...

Love it! So great about T! I'm glad you had such a wonderful day, you definitely deserve it!

Teacher-Mom said...

Happy B-day Bethany! Sounds like you had a great day with the fam, from start to finish. Good for T! I can remember those potty days and am not looking forward to doing them again. Ok, so isn't 31 way older than 30? It feels so weird! Welcome to the thirties!

Carol said...

Miss You! I can'tbelieve how fast those boys have grown up, potty and all. I think I speak for the commoners when I say we want to see some baby bump pictures!

Happy Belated birthday!

Lillian said...

Happy Belated Birthday. As of Friday I'm offically a thirty-something that's closer to 40 than 30. :-/

Lilypie First Birthday tickers