Thursday, September 3, 2009

Stepping Out

New York City, here we come!

I picked up these shoes yesterday in the hopes they will add some sparkle to our Labor Day weekend getaway to The Big Apple. We are heading into the city for the wedding of our good friend and couldn't be more excited. Meanwhile, the boys will be enjoying a weekend with Mimi and Papa (thank you!)

In assessing my duds and accessories for the weekend, I quickly realized it had been some time (we're talking 5 years) since I had invested in elegant shoes for a dress. Thankfully the ones I bought back then have stayed in style long enough to last through the last five years of weddings and events! Time to update! Off the boys and I went to DSW. Okay, first of all, hello amazing! I was in awe of the sheer quantity of shoes they had in stock. It was awesome!! And most, while designer labels, are at least 30% off retail cost. Not too shabby. I was like a little girl in a candy store... but with three small boys in tow. Poor guys, having to wait around while their mom tried on shoes. I can imagine little worse for a small child. Alas, they were constantly up to no good and there are only so many places in the store for timeouts, so I quickly perused and found these gems. Off we went.

They are just what I need at this point in my life--a little glam, a little glitz, but just enough to feel elegant and special for an evening out. Can't wait!

5 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

I absolutely love DSW!!
I used to buy cute shoes all of the time at the one in Colorado. I don't even think I've bought a pair of shoes for me at all since Grady has been born.

Enjoy your weekend in the Big Apple!

Jaime said...

Love the DSW...:) I can't wait to see you!:)

FL M said...

WOW, Mama!

T. Armstrong said...

DSW is a shoe girls dream! Hope they did you well this weekend! :)

Christy said...

I hope you had a great time. Can't wait to hear about it!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers