Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Liberating Diagnosis

First things first, hello and we are WELL! Thank you for so many nice well wishes, thoughts and prayers. We are really doing just fine. I think Gasperini-Ville breathed a big SIGH of relief on Monday night after hearing the news of my diagnosis. Don't get me wrong, we weren't all rejoicing in me being sick. But we were breathing easier that there was a legitimate reason for me feeling so off lately. When a mama doesn't feel *right*, the whole family and home suffers.

The last two weeks had been, in all honesty, some of the most trying in my vocation as a mother. I've had the usual highs mixed in with a lot of lows. We had good times mixed in with a lot of impatience and irritability. It had not been easy. While Easter was a beautiful respite during it all, I then plummeted back into feeling completely off and not knowing what to do about it! I would find myself in tears in the middle of the day with no obvious explanation.

Which is why mono (and crazy postpartum hormones) is a wonderful, liberating diagnosis. I'm not just "off". I'm "sick", which means I have hope to feel *better* very soon. The doc gave me 2 weeks in the acute phase, followed by a month or so of reading my body and not pushing myself too hard. I've definitely been feeling a bit more fatigued, but nothing short of first trimester woes. Note: I am NOT PREGNANT. I just wanted to make the comparison so all my female readers out there might know how I'm feeling!!! ;) Thankfully my case of mono seems to be on the mild side--Praise God!! And I may have been dealing with this for a little while because I've felt very little change in fatigue from days ago--it's just all been low!!

And the beautiful outcome to all of this??? I have the excuse to sit and enjoy time with my children. Not to mention our Mimi has been showering me with love and help... and my GG has been very sympathetic. ;)

Maybe I need to contract mono more often. lol j/k
:)

Thanks so much for journeying this crazy life with us. We are so blessed by you.
Hope you are all enjoying a beautiful Thursday.
God bless,

1 comment:

Carolina Girl said...

I hope you're starting to feel some relief from being so fatigued and bleh. You're right, when Mom is down...everyone is down. Like you said, at least you know why you're feeling this way! That goes a long way. Feel better soon!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers