Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Out and About

Despite the yuckier weather, we've still been having a grand time here at the beach!

Yesterday, we headed to the Virginia Beach Science Museum and Aquarium. The boys all enjoyed seeing the aquatic life up close and personal, though when asked later about what his favorite part of the day was, M replied, "I liked playing with trains." (What a surprise. :) T-baby seemed to really like the stingray petting tank, while both boys were in awe of getting to pet a rat in the reptile exhibit. Overall, we had such fun hanging with my sister, bro-in-law, and their boys. Nothing like family, just wished we all lived closer to one another!


Today the clan headed out in the overcast weather to fly a flurry of kites. Among them was one given to me by Mimi when GG and I were dating! We attempted to fly it at the Princeton Battlefield when GG proposed 8 years ago. Amazingly enough, it still worked and flew like a champ before getting caught on a beach house! Thankfully, we were able to retrieve it for future kite-flying memories... The boys had a great time while Baby J and I stayed back, nursed, and snoozed. His nighttime sleeping habits have been less-than-reliable lately, leaving me a virtual zombie during the day! Thankfully, we caught some shut-eye while everyone was outside having fun.



And below are two shots of my precious boys, including one of a sleeping squishie. Everyone is remarking how chubby his cheeks are looking these days! Too cute. He is the best and I am in love with my newest baby boy. :)

God bless from the beach!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

he really looks like his Mama!
How sweet he is!

Erin said...

Love your sweet pics...and glad you are recovering and adjusting well and getting some rest. I lived in VA Beach for 8 years and I miss it!

Kat said...

What a cutie-pie, little James DOES totally look like you, B-Mama!! Looks like you're having a great time, prayers for some better weather on the horizon!

Carolina Girl said...

Love the pic of all your boys snuggly together. Glad to hear that you and J were able to get some rest!! I miss my sleep!!!

Ryan and Amy said...

Love seeing the pics of the boys. They are all adorable... especially the squishy one. :)

Jenica Cory said...

Our family just returned from a family get-together at the beach. Magnolia loved the sand and surf!

What a great family you are blessed with!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers