Monday, March 26, 2007

Holy Quads!

The Holy Half-Marathon came and went yesterday, bringing swarms of law school fans (yelling me to victory, thankfully) and beautiful 75 degree temps (slightly warm for my taste!) It was a great day and I was pleased with my performance, 1:44:27 (about 7:57min/mi), faster than my goal pace. All positive things said, my quads are killing me! Imagine the Tinman from "The Wizard of Oz" and you have a great mental picture of me walking downstairs today. Of course, today was laundry day and I was up and down finishing 7 loads--an accomplishment close in caliber to the half-marathon feat! In three weeks, I'm onto Columbus, OH for the Columbus Distance Classic (also a half-marathon.) I'm praying the second time around won't have quite the aftermath.


Here are some shots of my faithful cheering
squad. They were the best--Daddy and M made a special sign to cheer on Mommy. I was so touched. T also babbled really loud from the stroller... before falling asleep mid-race. I'll be the first to admit running isn't the most exciting thing to watch!

Aside from our race-day thrills, one additional gem was a giggle fest between M and T in the car on the way home. T started giggling and M caught on and then the two of them lost themselves for a good while, trading laughs back-and-forth. A glimpse of the future? I pray so...

No comments:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers