Saturday, March 24, 2007

'God Doesn't Make Junk'

Years ago as a lifeguard, I encountered an adorable little Jewish family, deeply devoted to their faith. The father would often hand out precious comments to his 2-year-old, such as, "Maddy is beautiful, why?" and the little girl would respond, "Because God doesn't make junk!" Precious. What a wonderful sentiment to pass onto one's children.

I was reminded of this story yesterday during our women's Bible study, comprised of friends and mothers from the law school community. We studied the wedding at Cana from John 2 and reveled in Christ's first miracle, performed at the request of his mother. Not only did he turn water into wine, but created wine of the utmost quality. The steward in the passage questioned why the good wine hadn't been served first. God doesn't make junk. When He does His work, He does it well.

And that leads me to my precious creations, M and T. Boy did God do good work in them, if I do say so myself! They are my heart and soul. Both boys have been a bit under the weather with colds and fevers the past couple of days. Poor things. I ache watching them suffer... Alas, we are turning a corner and seeing the light at the end of the sickness tunnel. M is in verbal bliss these days, adding to his growing vocabulary. Just yesterday I turned around in the car to see him playing "Where is Thumbkin?" with his tiny little fingers along with Toddler Tunes (which is always playing) . He was saying "tall girl" as he shook his middle fingers at one another (and NOT at mom, thank goodness!) So cute. He also ventured onto the potty for the second time just to sit and have a great time being a "big boy".

And onto T... what a sweet baby. He got his first tooth (lower left) last Wednesday, March 14th and has continued to gnaw his way into this week. Dad spotted it's partner ready to make its appearance very soon... Dad and T spent some QT together yesterday morning because Mom woke up with the boys' cold. 6:30am is just too early for me, esp. with aching sinuses! GG reports that T caught up on his Federal Taxation reading and browsed a few additional books. T is really into paper these days and can't keep his busy hands off of anything. He's also sitting up with ease, despite the occasional topple. Most exciting has been his recent babble--"mamamama". Melts my heart!

So that's life on this foggy Saturday in G-Ville. Tomorrow I run the Holy Half-Marathon on campus. I will write with reports! Stay blessed.

2 comments:

Ryan and Amy said...

Very nice job! I Love blogs!

Amy

Jessica said...

LOVE the blog, Bethany! Way to go!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers