Saturday, November 3, 2012

"Date Night"

Last night GG and I had the luxury of putting just two little girls to bed, while the boys enjoyed attending a Mass celebration of All Soul's Day followed by a sleepover at Mimi and Papa's house.  It was beautiful all around.

Whenever we have nights like these, GG and I get done with the bedtime process so early compared to the norm that we laugh and exclaim about the time and how we can't believe our luck! ;)  We relish the freedom--thank you, dear Mimi and Papa!

Anticipating such a night to come, I called GG yesterday afternoon and declared, "Tonight is an at-home date night, so be ready!"  He was all for it and came home carrying this sweet bouquet...


Isn't it lovely?  What a gem.  GG will often surprise me with a hot fudge sundae or caramel frappe from McD's (love them!), but these days I can enjoy no more than a caffeine-free Diet Coke which is still such a treat.  Flowers are awesome too!  They are all sweet pleasures, yet I have to admit I can't wait for my frappe days to come.  6 nursing months to go! ;)

We then put the girls to bed, enjoyed our usual Friday night homemade pizza, and sat down to watch "The Descendents"--an entertaining flick, while we snuggled under a blanket on the couch.  It was all so normal, but made that much more special by calling it a "date"!  Whatever we can do to make things feel special these days, we'll take it!  J boy also helped us by accidentally turning off the heat to the downstairs yesterday afternoon while in time-out.  Thanks to J we had an even cozier evening and didn't notice the glitch until this morning.  See, our boys are always looking out for us. ;)

So today I am thankful for impromptu date nights and the chance to celebrate "us" by simply staying home and being together.  As long as I'm with my guy, I'm a happy camper, thanks be to God.

Blessings,

1 comment:

Carolina Girl said...

I always tell myself we should do this! Sounds like fun.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers