Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Month of Thankfulness

I'm going to join charming friend and fellow blogger, Grace In My Heart, on her quest toward a more thankful November.  That means you and I are going to give thanks for a whopping 30 days starting today!  Are you ready?!  What an appropriate attitude adjustment it is to look at everyday life through the lens of gratitude.  Wouldn't we all be a little happier and our outlook rosier?  That's my goal.

To start off day one, I'm giving great thanks for these people in my life:

We had a wonderful Halloween 2012 celebration.  Here we are at the dinner table, enjoying our annual "Boo Stew", homemade bread, and salad.  The stew took on new form this year thanks to my dairy-free existence.  I made a homemade stew mix (rather than buying the milk- and sodium-laden packet at the store) and doctored a few other things.  The result wasn't half bad, tasting almost like a glorified tomato soup/spaghetti sauce.  lol.  Thankfully my (adult) crew was very kind and supportive.  M ate it by dipping the bread and T and J each took bites.  MG didn't touch it.  lol ;)

I'm thankful today for a sweet baby bug...

For kisses between sisters...

For a kind, generous butterfly...

For a sweet, smiley Obi Wan (don't mention Kenobi, you'll send him into 4yo fits!)...

For a candy crazy, happy Darth Vader...

And for a loot-haulin, butterfly-lovin' Anakin Skywalker...

You don't have to remind me, I know we are so richly blessed.  Thank you, Lord.

With gratitude,
 

3 comments:

FL M said...

Thankful for all of you...and this blog to help stay in touch!! xoxo

Elso said...

What a beautiful post to start off a month of thankfulness!

Grace in my Heart said...

I've been way behind on my blog reading, so I got to read all of your thankful posts from last to first...so fun! :) Thanks for sharing your positive spirit and all the fun you have with your little cuties with us all...what a blessing!

P.S. I caught myself trying to think of a thankful post for tomorrow, but phew...we are done, haha...! :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers