Friday, August 17, 2012

Not a creature was stirring...

Not even a boy.

Not one.

Not one time-out today for roughness.

Not one "please be gentle with the baby".

Not one scolding for wrestling before dinner.

But...

Not one squishy boy snuggle in the afternoon.

Not one boy helper to the car, at the store, to feed the dog.

Not one boy chuckle as we delight in baby girls.

Not one "I love you, Mommy" as I tuck them into bed.

It's been less than 24 hours and we're already missing our boys something fierce!!  Thankfully they had smooth travels to Boston and then Maine and reported that all was going well on their excursion.  Thanks be to God.

We are also praising God today for the good news that our little MG does not have hip dysplasia.  I had been hearing some clicking in her hips, so we got her in to see an ortho today.  Her x-rays were "stone cold perfect".  Praise God.  You could say I was just a little bit worried.

It's been a good day, but I have learned one thing for certain: God has fashioned every member of our family for a purpose and we are meant to be together.  So awesome.  As wonderful as my time was with the girls today, I can assure you that MG was not meant to be a singleton.  She would have taken over the world if so!  ha!  She needs her brothers...  and so do I.

And we haven't even started talking about missing our GG.  He is my earthly world and I am so blessed to have him.  My life is made infinitely better by him.  We haven't always been good about prioritizing each other amidst the busyness of life, but I'd say this fifth baby go 'round, we're doing a pretty good job of loving one another and nurturing our marriage.  Hallelujah!

TGIF,

2 comments:

Teacher-Mom said...

I totally feel your pain! As much as my boys love to sleep over, I can't hardly stand it. I look in their empty rooms and I feel so lonely. I love the feeling of us all being at home together at night, safe and sound. Use this as a gentle reminder of how precious family is and how lucky we are to have our families in our lives.

Teacher-Mom said...

I love the new family picture for your blog header- you are all radiant!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers