Sunday, August 19, 2012

Continued Adventures

It is so great to hear happy reports from the north.  The boys seem to be having a fantastic time.  M shared all about day #1 on the phone last night in vivid detail: "First, we started off with an amazing breakfast--donuts, sweet cereal, pancakes..." leading into "then we shot guns, Mom!  It was awesome!" and so on.  T elaborated with personal anecdotes, including their swimming/kayaking/canoe trip out to Treasure Island only to discover that "there was no treasure!" T said he searched all around but could not find any.  :)  And last was J, who got on the phone and said he wanted to come and be with me at home.  Sweet boy.  Miss those guys something crazy!  They were wrapping up an awesome day with s'mores fireside indoors.

Today Mimi reports that T conquered the climbing wall (shown below), making it to the top and besting his Daddy, who tried afterward and didn't make it (sorry honey!  We know you were just trying to help T's ego!)  Way to go, Monkey T!  That's him on the left...  Strike me if I'm wrong, but that's no joke for a climbing wall.  I'm so proud of my boy!

I had a feeling T would be the one to dare the wall.  He's my second-born risk-taker.  Meanwhile, M and J played in the sand pond-side after having a brisk swim (in life-jackets) out to Treasure Island, deer beach, and back.  Life is good in Maine.

I don't know about you, but I'm wishing myself a little Maine getaway right about now.  The house remains quiet and the girls and I are resting well, conquering projects, and today, hunkering down with good books.  Our outings included morning Mass and afternoon school supply shopping.  This is the second trip I've made to conquer the lists--the first was to Tar.get weeks ago and we accomplished most of our lists, but now we're onto the dreaded hard-to-find items.  Note to self in future years: start at Wal.Mart.  I made the mistake of beginning at St.aples and ended up buying everything twice once I got to WM and realized I had paid way too much at St.  Now, we'll be headed back to St. tomorrow to take the other stuff back.  Oh well!  At least I'm doing it with only two kiddos in tow. ;)

Tomorrow's projects include: finishing spray painting a wall shelf for baby G's room, sorting toys from all over the house (future post), heading to Goodwill to drop off a sizeable load, storing my wedding dress(!) and maternity clothes in the attic, finishing leftover laundry, and... working out at the gym.  Fun and exciting stuff here, folks!  ;)

Maine is sounding pretty good, indeed.
God bless,

2 comments:

FL M said...

Maine, a time to climb to new heights!! Hope you get to also, another day!!

Krissy said...

Wow, that camp looks awesome. Blake would LOVE!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers