Sunday, October 21, 2007

Joy in my Heart

I couldn't help but lose it a little today when seeing the woman in front of us at church weep during the singing of the Psalm. It is very common for me to get emotional when others are emotional!

In her arms, she held a precious baby.
And though I could be wrong, I have every reason to believe this baby was her newly adopted child.

As I shed tears with her, I imagined the joy she felt upon finally getting to hold a baby belonging to her.
I contemplated the pain she'd overcome after years of infertility, seeing as she and her husband had no other children. I watched the apparent joy on the faces of her sister, her mother-in-law, and extended family. They would occasionally look over at her and smile, seeming to revel in the sight of her and her child.

Though these thoughts were merely my perception, I rejoiced nonetheless and shed tears right along with her. Above all, it was a beautiful image of the sweet union between mother and child.

Hallelujah, hallelujah.
A child has come home.

I hope oneday GG and I will have the opportunity to open our home and hearts to adoption.
What a blessing that would be...

May God bless your Lord's Day. Hugs :)

(As an additional aside, enjoy this article -- a mother's marveling at the blessing of children. LOVE Danielle Bean!)

2 comments:

Mary Alice said...

A priest I know refers to this as the gift of tears, which makes it seem rather saintly, I am regularly moved to tears in church these days, usually by the psalms or the singing, I think hormones and lack of sleep play a large role, but it is nice to know that it is a gift, and, as a bonus, Holly thinks that I cry because we are always late to mass so she is trying so hard to get us out the door on time!

sally said...

I would have been crying right along with you. I'm such a weeper!My Mom says we got the weeping gene from my Grandma. What a great sight to see! Tears of joy!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers