Friday, October 5, 2007

Motivational Speech

For anyone who lies down at the end of the day... and doesn't want to get up, this post's for you.

I'm here to say, "GET UP! You'll thank yourself in the morning!"

Last night, I laid down in our bed to indulge in some light reading and TV. Only to find later that the quagmire had sucked me in... "Leave the dirty kitchen, piled high with dishes," my devilish brain tempted, "And don't bother with the toy-strewn living room. You'll get it in the morning..." Oh to have laid in that bed for another minute (as I've done countless times before.)

But NO! I fought back.
And here's what I awoke to this morning...





The FlyLady would be so proud!
Get up, get cleaning, and then get to bed.
You'll start the following day feeling blessed...

Hope this inspires. Hugs and blessings. TGIF!

4 comments:

Jessica Anderson said...

so many women i know love the flylady. it's one of those hysterical phenomena. enjoy your weekend! i'm getting ready to do 7 miles on sunday!! miss you.

va mama said...

Very inspiring, oh wise woman! R.G. and I always clean up thoroughly after a big party before we go to sleep, no matter how tired we are. What a treat to have it all behind us when we awake the next morning.

Mary Alice said...

Well done B! Beautiful kitchen. One other downside to giving in to the temptation to fall asleep when the kids do at 7:30 is that when I do this (I try so hard not to), I wake up again at 11 and can't get back to sleep, so I wind up even more tired the next day! You are so right, you just have to force yourself -- those bedtime stories make my eyes so heavy though!

OH M said...

What a woman!! Glad that you've learned what you have despite "examples" gone before you! GO GIRL!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers