Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I Couldn't Resist

Writing quickly to tell you of a small and rather silly joy! Last night I cooked a nothing out-of-the ordinary dinner:
*Marinated chicken breasts with melted colby jack cheese
*Steamed broccoli
*Long grain and wild rice

Only to find that my WHOLE family ate it...
and GG and I didn't have to get up once the whole meal. What a miracle! haha :) Even M (my usual vegetarian) ate the chicken breast and willingly. God bless 'im!

What a joy it was to sit through a meal and *rejoice* in providing for my family. Though I heard a "thank you" from only my dear GG, M and T thanked me by enjoying the food. Hallelujah! I'll take whatever I can get.

Cheers to you this glorious Wednesday. Bon appetit!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

What's the trick to getting the boys to eat the steamed broccoli? Carlee Scott won't touch it and it drives me crazy!

Shannon said...

Oh B! I love that picture of little T!!! Sooo adorable. Could you send it to me via email? I'd love to print it up and put it on my fridge. I definitely need updated pics of your little men! Can't wait to see you all! love, S

sally said...

I just heard about a new cookbook on Oprah by Jessica Seinfeld. I think it's called Deceptively Delicious. She puts veggie puree in all kinds of things (brownies, eggs, etc) to sneak in the good stuff. All the while, she still serves veggies on the side to hopefully get her kids to willingly eat them too. Anyway, she said it turned meal time from her WORST time of day, to her best time of day. Might be something to check out. Oprah was raving at how good it all tasted.

B-Mama said...

Thanks Sally! and Jessica, no worries about your picky toddler! M has been so bad in the past and is really starting to get better. CS's time is coming! :) Hugs, B

Lilypie First Birthday tickers