Friday, October 26, 2007

Despaired Hair

I just came across an ad website for Garnier Fructis, touting the shampoo as a "best" product.

And I, too, was tempted at the grocery story to believe the same.
(Particularly being wooed by its $5 pricetag! :)

What did I get in return?
Saggy, weighted hair that became greasy within a few hours. Not my idea of "best." In fact, it was one of the worst shampoos I've used in years. (Other friends have supported my findings!)

So the next time you're at the grocery store and they're running a huge sale on Garnier Fructis, please heed my advice. Remember, the grocery people run sales because they have surplus product and why would there be surplus if everyone was flocking to the store, buying Garnier. Eh? Don't fall victim! :)

Has anyone had a different experience? Perhaps with hair other than "fine"? Please share!! Otherwise, hope you have a wonderful hair day! I'm off to have mine cut and highlighted this afternoon...
God bless!

4 comments:

Jess said...

Hey B-mama,
I had the same problem when I used the GF the way I used other shampoos - weighted, greasy hair, particularly on top. However, if I made an effort to really wash it all out of my hair, extra time in the shower, it worked at least as well as other shampoos. I've never bought it again (unless it was REALLY cheap), but that's a way to use up your remaining shampoo...hope it helps.

Jessica Anderson said...

B - As much as i love you, i have to disagree on this one, or at least provide some balance to your negative marketing. i've used it and it was good. i think it completely depends on your hair type. i have long, really thick hair that can be quite unruly and frizzy in sections, so the "weightiness" that you're complaining about is actually a good thing in terms of smoothing my hair out and calming it down. maybe the problem is using this on thinner hair. i also loved their conditioner. I used the color shield line.

Besides, I have to defend a product that SJP promotes! :)

B-Mama said...

Yeah, I think you're onto something... The three other gals I talked to about this product all had similar hair to mine. Interesting! So I guess my new warning is: DON'T BUY GF IF YOU HAVE FINE HAIR! :) I'll have to ship you the large bottle I now own and am hesitant to use. Mabye the dog would fare well from a little GF? :)

Jessica Anderson said...

SJP is Sarah Jessica Parker. :) I've loved her since Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. She's in commercials for GF and I guess is a spokesperson of sorts. Yes, if the dog's hair is anything like mine, use it on the dog. Though I'm not sure I love that analogy... :) Love you!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers