Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Heartwarmth

Getting back to one's roots is a good thing.

I went running Saturday in "my woods" where autumn is in full effect and the sights and smells are anything but strange. It was really good--like the good you get when you're back in a place that feels in every way like home. So good.

Was I breathing heavily? Yes. Were my muscles aching? Yes.
But I have to say, it was GLORIOUS!

And then to return to people who are my roots...
My parents were incredible and sensitive, loving and generous (as they always are).
Dinner with "my girls" on Sunday was such a treat. They know me better than I know myself sometimes. They ask the right questions and know, in a way, how I'll respond. It was so heartwarming to see them at a time when my heart really needed warming. And seeing "my Neen" on Monday continued the blessing as we shared about life and children, taking time to delight in the joys of family and togetherness.

Heartwarmth, indeed.
Praise God for sturdy roots during seasons of pruning.
God bless. :)

1 comment:

Jessica Anderson said...

the pics are wonderful & i'm so glad you had such a great time back at home. fun chatting yesterday! thanks for understanding when i had to get off the phone quickly to catch my train. :) love you!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers