Monday, July 29, 2013

Out with the old.

Gone are the days of mere family survival.  We are beginning to thrive and gosh, it feels good!  Take our trip to Busch Gardens last weekend, for example.  Yes, it was hot.  Yes, we were all tired in some way, shape, or form.  But it was glorious fun for all seven of us!  Even MG and baby V got in on the action.  M and T both road coasters and swings and more coasters.  J joined in for the swings, planes, and bumper cars.  Have I mentioned how fun life is when you can enjoy it alongside your children?!  I am loving these summer experiences, almost like awakenings for our little family...
It was warm, but the baby was so sweet!
Check out that little lady, braving Elmo's ride.  Cute!
GG and the big boys braved a water ride
T and J later stood down on the bridge and got soaked!

This was V's first ever ride.  The boys and I watched while riding the big swings--we just about melted from the cuteness!
A lucky shot at lunch
Plus and Minus, riding the airplanes.  Such fun was had by all of us!
In the last week, we've also wrapped up M's swim season.  He swam at champs last Friday and dropped a second and a half in the race.  And didn't lose his goggles!!  Woo hoo!  The G cheering section was just thrilled when we saw him surface still swimming.  Yay!  When I asked him to describe the season in a word, he said, "Two words: Totally Awesome."  Love it.  What a great experience for him.

And lastly, in keeping with the theme of this post, we said goodbye to the kitchen table that was my first out-of-college purchase...
You can see we'd outgrown its capacity and then some...
Only to welcome in this beauty!  We have an extra chair, folks.  Amazing!

The table's occupants are thrilled (as are Mom and Dad! :)
Just over the weekend we've been working on J's 2-wheeled bike riding and V's two-legged walking.  Cha-cha-changes are a'foot, my friends.  Thank you, Lord, for blessing me with every breath on this journey.

God bless you on a Monday,

3 comments:

FL M said...

Love the pics! Table set is wonderful! Can't wait to use it!!

Carolina Girl said...

So much to comment on...
1. MG looks TINY on that "drop" ride!

2. Is it weird that I'm a little sad to see your table go? We've shared a few meals at that table!

3. Moving out of survival mode is wonderful! It doesn't seem like it's ever going to happen. I feel like I'm just emerging myself. I recently took the little ones on an outing and didn't have to take a stroller or a back pack carrier, or diapers!! I even felt myself looking at my purse and thinking, I could get something smaller! I know Miss G is smaller and still requires some toddler accessories, but I'm sure she goes with the flow pretty well and it's so nice like you said to have alongside your children. Three cheers for fun alongside your children!!

4. I miss you! I love you! And you make me smile when you leave sweet comments on our blog. I could just see you and your boys laughing as you looked at the 'nailed it' photo. :)

Donna said...

How wonderful to be awakening into really successful outings with the family- I totally know what you mean by that! Your table is gorgeous- we got a new table very similar to that a year or so ago and had glass cut for the top so it's still relatively scratch free and they can use sharpies on it, paint, whatever and I can Windex it. Just a thought!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers