Friday, June 14, 2013

Summer Commencement

T minus a half hour until the big boys come running...

Welcome summer break!  We are so happy you're here!!

Call me crazy, but I can't wait to have my babies home.  I'm a homeschooling-mama-wannabe, so the summer offers plenty of opportunities for adventure, learning, and togetherness.  These days we are also media-free during the week, so I'm uber-excited for all the little extras we're going to be able to enjoy without the temptation of the computer or TV--lots of reading, enjoying music, playing to our heart's content (even mom!), lego fun, day trips, etc.  Add onto all of that our new pool membership to a local community center and we have a recipe for exercise, fun, entertainment, and total summer awesomeness.  I can't wait.

Here's a look at our crew this morning, heading off to the last day of school:

Looking so mature to me these days... ;)
You can see that they are almost equal in height (don't remind M!) ;)
Here's the farewell committee, cuter than cute.

Wouldn't your day be a bit brighter seeing these smiles?
Love these lovies more than life!
Off they go, one last time.
We are planning to head to the pool this afternoon for an end-of-school party.  It will be crawling with kids and I know my guys are going to have a blast.  J wrapped up swim lessons yesterday with a thumbs-up from his teacher and a green ribbon congratulating his hard work.  By the lessons' end, he can successfully jump in and flip to his back and float; complete the elements of elementary backstroke; swim freestyle a short distance; and kick with rocket arms to and from the wall and with a kick board. I am amazed at his progress and am so excited for what this means for his fun (and more importantly, SAFE!) summer of swimming.  Here are a few shots from lessons...

Baby G ate lunch on the go while J swam
This little love had a great time playing
And here's the fish--wish I could get the video to upload!  Blogger is being difficult.
Hope your summers are brilliantly in full swing...  6 days until the season officially commences!


God bless,

2 comments:

FL M said...

So fun to see new pics! Excited for M and T as they are heading home NOW!

Carolina Girl said...

I know media free is better for us all. We all have better attitudes when we turn off the TV, but they just won't leave me alone!! I can't get anything done much less have a complete thought. Ok, rant over.

So impressed with J's swim progress!

Love all the snapshots into your life!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers