Sunday, January 20, 2013

Life Around Town

Exciting things are afoot in G-Ville these days.
Some are going to have to be kept secret for the time being (no, I'm not pregnant! ;).  But I promise to fill you in soon when it's permissible...

 photo DSC_3164_zps6a9e3b62.jpg
Hard to imagine that this little bit of snow gave us a snow day!  Love living in VA! ;)
Other things include SNOW here on Thursday evening, rewarding the boys with a snow day on Friday.  T was especially excited and was the first one outside the next morning.  His brothers then joined and all three came in soaking wet later.  The snow only stuck around until mid-day, but we were so glad to see a bit of the white stuff!
 photo DSC_3160_zps66ad09a8.jpg
Early bird gets the snow
 photo DSC_3174_zps65d80d46.jpg
The three amigos hit the powder
 photo DSC_3154_zps05b679da.jpg
With time for cuddling later on!
Also on our list is a certain little miss who is "conquering" the potty...

I put the word in quotes because the jury's still out whether or not we will actually conquer anything anytime soon.  I admit to being a poor potty trainer.  Any sign of failure and I lose hope and head running for the diapers.

Our first day was actually the most successful.  I was able to get MG to sit on the potty while watching a favorite show (this was the only negotiation she would go for!)  My sister came up with the idea for bribery and voila! first productive potty time!!  woo hoo!  For the rest of the day MG would go running back to her potty and only had one accident.  We were off to a great start.

 photo DSC_3172_zps5ee454e2.jpg
A discreet potty shot--don't mind the bed head! ;)
Night #1 I put her in a pull-up and she awoke the next morning dry.  Excellent.  We went straight to the potty and had success.  Hooray!  Things were definitely looking up.  We then tried the show negotiation for a second morning.  I gave her a big drink with breakfast and was totally overconfident she would comply a second time.  Surprisingly, MG sat on the potty all during her show with no success and then within minutes of getting up, had an accident in the corner of our dining room.  What???  I was definitely frustrated.  Over the course of the next 6 hours she then had 3 more accidents.  I was so frustrated and finally threw in the towel and put her back in diapers.  Enough!  I told you, I'm a poor trainer!!

Day 3 yesterday started out with MG in diapers per her request.  It was a Saturday morning and GG and I did not feel like dealing with potty clean-ups.  She went about her morning play.  At one point, I randomly asked if she wanted to sit on the potty and she agreed (a surprising change) and produced!  We left her without underwear or diaper and later I could tell she was doing a potty dance and suggested she try sitting again.  She was a bit defiant and so I walked away only to hear M yell, "Mom, MG did poopy!"  Are you kidding me???  I never expected #2 happening so easily!  Woo hoo!!  We were definitely on a roll!

Since then we've had both successes and failures, but she's still been requesting diapers.  Hmm...  How to bring the interest back to underwear??  The journey continues.  Because tomorrow is a school and work holiday, GG and I are hoping to join forces to really bring this one home.  I hope to report back in with more successes...

Overall, MG is becoming such a little person, talking languidly and making GG and I laugh a lot.  She is a little ray of sunshine who brightens our world so.  I love, love, love to see her interact with her daddy.  They are precious together and bring me such joy.

So there's a slice of life about town this weekend.
Blessings to you from our little corner of the world,

2 comments:

Shannon said...

love this post!!

FL G said...

Love these smiley faces!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers