Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Sleep Perchance To Dream

I'm betting on a good night tonight...

Why?
Last night our little lady (six weeks) went an 8 hour stretch followed by a 5 hour stretch! Woo hoo!!!

I'm going to try mix it up a bit tonight and do a dream feed before bed, hoping to get that 8-hour stretch while I sleep. We'll see, we'll see. I'll keep you posted.

And if it works out, you'll know... by the crazy mama who's bouncing off walls tomorrow.
Here's to hoping,

Update 8am: Well, note to self--a watched pot never boils! MG had her last feeding at 6:30pm last night. Then I did the dream feed later at 11pm and ended up putting in the binky at 2am and then waking to feed a hungry baby at 4am. Not bad, but not fantastic. Lots of moms have had luck with the dream feed, but not us. My kids never seem to do the long stretch afterward. They also are happiest with an earlier bedtime... hmm. I'll keep working on it!!!

2 comments:

Right Said Red said...

boo! Whenever I start the dream feed I have to let them cry it out in the middle of the night. This usually lasts about 2-4 nights, and then they do their longer stretch after the dream feed. But not every baby is the same...it's a shame moms can't go to bed at 7pm ;-)

Krissy said...

Oh my I am beyond jealous. My four week old never sleeps more than 2-3 hours. I have to stay up so late to get everything done and the four year old has decided 5 am is his new wake up time. I think I might die of sleep deprivation before I even get through two months of the deployment. Please share your secrets.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers